Saturday, October 31, 2009

Africa by Kim Bischoff


Tenacious Love
I have been back from Africa a little while now. I feel like I’m still adjusting to the culture shock! I have to say this has been one of the most life changing trips I have ever been on. I knew that going into this trip God was really going to stretch me. I honestly never thought I would go to Africa, it was never on my list of countries, but when God said go back in early spring, I had to obey, so glad I did.

It’s hard to narrow down what impacted you most from the kids, to the culture, to the atmosphere, but I have to say it would be the love. Heidi shared on tenacious love the last day that I was in Pemba. She put into words what God has been doing in me for the last few months. It’s all about the love! But it’s more than just that. It’s Tenacious, holding tightly to, not letting go, persistent. She shared from Philippians, and called us to be tenacious and loving. To be poured out like a drink offering again and again. Life isn’t about us; it’s about spreading the Love of Jesus. She told us a story about what it took to get to this village that God had given her a vision about. It took over 2 years, many obstacles, and cost her much. She said”you give up too easily.” This struck a chord in my heart. I realized that I have given up way to easily in many places of my life and on people. We see things that get in our way as a door shut, instead of a test or something that God is using. We assume that things will be given to us, instead of us having to pay a cost, or even partnering with the vision that God gives us. Jesus never said I will make everything easy for you; He said “I will be with you.”

We can’t do anything out of our own strength, it will surly run out. We have to do it through the eyes of love, through Jesus. Through Him EVERYTHING is possible. I don’t know how to put into words what God did in my heart and in my life through Africa, but I do know this I’m a puddle. I feel like I fell into the Father’s arms in a deeper more intimate way. He has placed this tenacious love in my heart, and I have adeeper faith in Him. I don’t doubt that what He says is truth, and I knowthat I have to be poured out again and again. But I have this promise, Hewill be with me, and He will pour into me more than I can ever be poured out. I know it’s worth the cost, and I’ve decided I will do whatever I need

to, to love people, to spread His fame. I just want more of Him. All the signs and wonders aAWESOME, but we can’t be about just the signs we will be empty. We must be about Him, because He is the way the truth and the life.

For the Kingdom of God is among you… One of my favorite stories is when the disciples came back to Jesus. They were so excited because they had just cast out demons, healed the sick and many other things. Jesus’ response was that’s great but don’t rejoice that these things happened rejoice because your name is known in heaven. How can your name be “known”, it’s simply by spending time with your beloved Yeshua, your healer, deliver, salvation. The more time you spend with Him, the more you act like his child. The more we act like His child the more we are like Him. The more we become like Him the more we love, and the more our vision changes it becomes clearer. Our love becomes pure, and we begin to really see.

In sharing what little of have shared of my trip to Africa, my hope is this. That God will do in you what He has done in me. Show you how much He loves you. Show you what He sees when He looks at you, and pour out His love over you. That you will be touched by the amazing unchangeable love of the Father, and that you will be like a puddle in His arms. Because when this world fades, and there is nothing left of material things, His love will stay because we were created for eternity with Him.

Much love and MANY blessings… Kim Bischoff

No comments:

Contributors